Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Mystery Structure

Congratulations Joy. By the way, drop me a note to let me know which Joy you are. The usual suspect, my sister in Law, has denied that it is her. It definitely is an Iron Furnace. Check out these pictures of a similar furnace. I am pretty sure the pictures I have are of Union Furnace. You can read about it here and here and was built in, get this, 1790. That makes it 217 years old. Although reading this site makes me confused and wonder which one we actually found. Apparently there were twenty of them in Fayette county pa. It might actually be the New Laurel Furnace. Shaun, if you read this, you know the directions in the area better, maybe you could pinpoint the right furnace.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

i am 90% certain that joy is my mother, joy eversole, good friend of your mother-in-law.

amyjoy

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Joy Eversole one of your mother-in-law's friends in goshen.

The Greenwood furnace has good campsites and a self guided tour on turning ore into iron as it was done years ago. for camping info Mrs Phil Shetler of Irwin, Ohio is an experienced camper at Greenwood.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home