Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Newsletter

Every so often, (its supposed to be bi-monthly) I send out a Newsletter to people who support me financially at the radio station. This time it sort of morphed into our Christmas letter as well. I though I would put a copy of it on here for people who are interested, but don't get it.


Dear Friends,


Once again, I am late on my newsletter and it turns into a Christmas/News letter. I hope you don’t mind. First, in regards to the radio station, things are going well, although there are some significant areas of concern. Our football broadcast season went very well, and we are starting basketball season, so that has been keeping me busy. We are trying to start an initiative to get more of the local pastors involved and maybe convince them that airing a program for their church is something they would like to do. If we can get 10 or so, we will be a long way toward the stations being able to support a full time general manager.
The biggest areas of concern deal with the “Armory” Youth Center. The Armory is the organization that owns the radio station and operates a Youth center in London, Ohio. They have been having lots of financial trouble in the past year, and the Director and the treasurer have recently resigned. The remaining board members have some big decisions to make which could have a huge effect on the radio station. This is something I would really appreciate your prayers on.
Another good note is that I have plenty of Youth volunteers, and they have been getting more and more involved. This previous week London had their annual Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration, which is where they close the streets in the downtown area and have free carriage rides as well has lots of other cool entertainment. WCYC-LP played Christmas music all evening long and we had 5 roving reporters going around and grabbing people for interviews and giving out prizes. It was a fun night.
On the home front, Kalvary gets bigger and bigger. This morning after breakfast we realized that she had eaten more than either Kris or I. I hope she is going through a growth spurt. She has a new cousin. My sister and brother-in-law just had their first child, Kaelyn Liana Thoman. Kalvary got to hold her little cousin this past week and I wish I had been there to see it. Reportedly Kalvary put her cheek next to Kaelyn’s and looked very, very cute. Best Christmas wishes to you all and if you ever want to check up on how we are doing and don’t want to wait for the next Newsletter you can read my blog at www.airgrizzly.blogspot.com .

Merry Christmas!!!!
Ryan, Kris and Kalvary

Ps. Oh, and our new baby will be arriving around May 13th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home