Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday Musings

Today was interesting. The Grandparents have been saying for a while that they wanted to keep Kalvary over night, so last night we let them. Not that we did anything interesting since the Station was broadcasting a London football game and Kris went to my sisters baby shower. I figured we might sleep in this morning since we didn't have Kalvary to wake us up, but no, we both woke up at 7, just like normal. I worked on my sermon coming up on the 30th. It is going to be on Fellowship, which is one of the 5 purposes of our church. It is a family Sunday which is the one Sunday of the month when we have all the kids in for the sermon, usually they have children's church. I always do a Jungle Jam, which is a kids radio program that I adapt in to a dramatic reading. Always fun. I also wrote a skit to be used at the end of the sermon, I just need to find some people willing to be in it. It works out good that the topic is fellowship, since our church's Harvest party is on the same day.

Quick radio update.

Still trying to work out a way to get our translator up and running. More details as I get them. Football season is running down, we only have one more game to broadcast, which means that I should be getting ready for basketball season. Sadly the football team is having a rather dismal year, although I think that our coverage has been good. Next Thursday, we are planning a vision and goal setting meeting for the station. I have invited about ten people who have either helped out tremendously before, or who I think will have a lot of good input. Today, the armory (the organization which owns the station) will be having a fundraising concert featuring the Central State university chorus. I hope they get a good turn out. I haven't had a whole lot of success selling tickets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home