Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Long Day

Today I worked harder than I think I have in, like, 5 years. That is nuts. First off, I woke up early to drive into UPS to have a tour of the place. I decided on waiting before letting them know that I am open for an interview. UPS really doesn't want people that only sign on for a short time. In fact they will never hirer them again. I may need such a job in the future. I sent my application into Cedarville yesterday. I think that my chances are slim since I have a problem with one of the points on there doctrinal statement. They believe that the sign gifts are completed, and I can't totally justify it from scripture. I think the sign gifts are amazingly overused and abused and therefore do not practice them, but if I would have a word from the Lord asking me to prophecy I think I would do it. If you want to read more on what I think of this, I actually wrote a paper on it for Rueben Sairs class on biblical interpretation. You can read it here.

Anyway, I think Cedarville will reject me on those grounds. The main work of my day started at 9. That was when Alfred Yoder called me and asked if I was available to do any extra work for the maintence department at RBC. I said sure, and he said that we would be cleaning sand out of some aerators. I had no idea what that meant, but I do now. It means cleaning out human waste and sand from a pit. Fun times. The best one was when I tried to operate the Catapiller. I succeeded in backing it up a little ways, but then I noticed that the bucket, full of dirty sand was rising, and I couldn't get it to stop. I ended up dumping have of the human waste infested sand on top of my self. It was funny, at least to the other guys. The other funny thing is that I never asked how much I was going to get paid. I really hope it wasn't minimum wage.

If any of the people I met on the youth trip read this, I will, at some point, get around to emailling you. Life is just plain crazy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can GURANTEE you that the 'Ville will reject you based on that doctrinal point. Remember when I applied to WCDR, and that was the only point I couldn't agree on, but wrote a statement saying I wouldn't promote my own belief on the issue? Yeah, I was told someone else more qualified was given the job, but I wasn't hired because of that. Bologna. I found out who was hired, and he was NOT more qualified than me for the job...not by a longshot. I KNOW I didn't get it because of my doctrinal stance.

*vents*

Anyway, hang in there bro. I'm praying for ya, that God WILL lead you into the perfect job for you.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering if kris signed us girls in the youth group up for the revolve tour this fall. we got a flyer in the mail about it and my mom wondered if we were signed up for it yet

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home