Monday, July 31, 2006

A special post

The only real reason this entry is special is that I just noticed that it is my 100th post. Nice huh?

Conference is over and almost done with. I say almost, because I am still tying up some lose ends regarding my being a part of the Youth activities committee. Our committee was in charge of putting together two fun activities for the youth. We had been told that last year, they had up to 3 or 4 hundred kids at the youth events. So we thought that since this is a more central location than the state of Delaware, we would have more.

We planned for bear. The first night we had used a local school for a night of Pizza, Pop and hanging out. Kids could play volleyball or basketball or just visit with each other. 180 showed up. We had twice as much pizza as we needed.

The second night was a little better. I had booked 321 improv, a Christian Comedy group, and we had the event at Shiloh Mennonite Church. I was really hoping for 5 hundred and even had the moderator at the main session announce that people of all ages could come. We had a decent crowd of 250, and the comedy group was better than I had hoped. The problem is that we didn't cover our expenses by a full thousand dollars. So now I have to see if anything can be done to help us recoup our costs. Don't get me wrong, both nights, especially the second one, were a blast, but it is a real blow to my pride to have miscalculated that badly.

I still have no job. The principal of Shekinah told me over the weekend that he still doesn't know if they will have a position for me. A pastor from Florida approached me and asked if I would consider relocating, but Florida is a long ways away. I said I would consider it and to check back when they started their search. They will be needing a family pastor I believe.

The rest of conference was great, although quite busy. The drama that several from my church and family were involved in Saturday night went amazingly well. I am glad that conference wont be held here for another nine years hopefully. It really is a lot of work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I guess you never know who might be reading your blog! I'm a cousin of David S. and currently live in FL. It's not too bad here. Stinks to be that far from home, but being that close to the beach is always nice. I'm at www.eyesoftheblind.blogspot.com if you are interested in a few insights into the Sunshine State.

10:47 PM  
Blogger ten4ruthie said...

Yes, your drama was awesome! We loved it!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home