Sunday, April 29, 2007

My weekend

If you want more updates on Brenda, Jeff has set up a website specifically for them.

It is here. Please visit.

I drove to PA on Friday, stayed the night with my cousins Andrea and Steve. Thanks by the way, it was a fun evening and a thousand times better than sleeping in the van. Then yesterday, I attended my aunt Elsie's funeral. It was sort of surreal in that the last time I saw Elsie, she had been in good health. I had gotten the emails that she was sick, but always figured that she would pull through. So it was sort of a shock to hear of her passing. I glad I went. I wanted to go and it also freed Dad up to feel ok about not going. After the Funeral I drove home. I like to drive so it was an enjoyable trip, it went by very fast.

This afternoon Kris and I got to go and spend an hour with Mom. It was good to be with her, but disheartening. She can barely respond to us and only opened her eyes once for a second. She did squeeze my hand once, when we asked her too. She has tubes coming out all over her. I just pray that she heals and comes back to us whole. Thanks for all of your prayers and please keep them coming. It is going to be difficult to focus my mind on work this week. Make sure to pray for Kara and Marcus as well as Brenda. They seem to be baring the brunt of this, with Kara's nursing knowledge coming in very handy, and of course Marcus is stretched very thin.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will definitely continue to pray Ryan. Hang in there...

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Know that you and your family are in our prayers and while it may not allways feel true, God is good. Keep your head up.

Bob

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

I just tried calling both your numbers, but I can't get a hold of you. Did your cell number change?

David

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, Your family is on my mind quite often during each day and I continue to pray for each of you.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home